Dental Implants in Carrollton
Sometimes patients come into our office with one or more missing teeth due to an accident, sports injury, or even a fistfight. In addition to interfering with eating and talking, a missing tooth also ruins your natural smile. One of the restorative dental procedures Dr. Bhandaru uses to make smiles like new again is the insertion of a dental implant. With today’s implant materials and technology, they look and feel natural while blending very nicely into a patient’s natural teeth.
Dental implants are also quite comfortable, durable, and most last for many years. Are you currently having eating or speaking difficulties because of a missing tooth? Is it making you self-conscious about your looks? If so, come into Carrollton Smiles, and Dr. Bhandaru will be happy to explain the many benefits of choosing a dental implant.
Why Would I Need a Dental Implant?
There are many reasons why you might need a dental implant, such as:
To improve your speech, chewing comfort and digestion
To support, anchor and make more comfortable an existing denture or bridge
To restore or enhance your face’s appearance
To replace one or more missing teeth without altering the adjacent ones
To boost your self-confidence by creating a more beautiful smile!
On many occasions, patients at Carrollton Smiles that have received dental implants done by Dr. Bhandaru have been amazed afterwards at how much they feel and perform like natural teeth!
How Are Dental Implants Inserted?
For the best results, the actual dental implant process will be a gradual one that requires office visits spread over 6 or more months. That’s because Dr. Bhandaru uses a safe and proven approach that involves these steps:
1. You’ll have mouth X-rays and impressions (molds) taken of your teeth and jaw to find the locations of bone and gum tissue, along with an assessment of tooth spacing for the implant.
2. The open area is numbed, and the implant surgically inserted into the jaw bone. An implant is a replacement tooth with a prosthetic root usually made of durable titanium.
3. Your mouth will be allowed to completely heal for up to 6 months. Depending upon the implant type, an additional surgery may be required to place a “post” that will anchor the artificial tooth, or teeth.
4. An additional healing period then takes place for at least 2 weeks. During this downtime, your artificial teeth will be carefully created at our lab and fitted to the anchor’s post. Sometimes several fittings are needed to get it just right, which could take 1 to 2 months.
5. Once your mouth’s healing is finished, the new artificial teeth will be securely attached to your implant. This will result in the perfect blend of mouth comfort and stability.
6. One of our staff members will give you follow-up care instructions, which include good oral hygiene, foods to avoid, and the importance of semi-annual office visits to ensure the longevity and performance of your new implants.
If you’re ready to get started restoring your smile as it was meant to be by learning more about the benefits of dental implants, call Carrollton Smiles in Carrollton, TX today at (972) 245-3455, and one of our staff members will gladly schedule an initial consultation with Dr. Bhandaru!